Application / Use : Agricultural operation as well as road transport vehicle
Brief description and salient features of technology
The regular occurrence of drought in Saurashtra region of Gujarat has forced the farmers to look for a replacement for bullocks for carrying out agricultural operations. The reasons for the change has been driven by the fact that fodder for the draught animal is very scarce in the area and regular famine is making it impossible for the farmers to feed the bullocks. Also slowly the farm laborers are moving toward cities making it difficult for farmers to find people who could harness the bullocks and plough the fields. Shri Mansukhbhai Jagani, an innovative artisan, was approached by the villagers to look for an alternative that could not only save labor but can speed up the process of farming also.
Mansukhbhai thought of utilizing the Enfield bullet - a powerful motorcycle commonly used in the region. He decided to convert the petrol motorcycle into a diesel one driven by a 5.5 H.P. engine.The motorcycle was then provided with an attachment replacing the rear wheel. The attachment can have various kinds of tools attached to it for farming, inter-culturing and sowing operations.
- A new farming machine much smaller then the tillers and tractors but stronger then the bullocks.
- Easy assembly and low cost attachment for farming, inter-culturing and sowing operation
- Easy assembly and disengagement.
- It requires half an hour to carry out cultivation operation in one acre. The diesel consumption required for the same is 2 lit only.
- The unit is capable of performing all the agricultural operations carried out by a pair of bullocks.
Raw material :
Iron sheet, Iron angle, "C" channel, differential gear box and motorcycle having 5.5 HP diesel engine.
Machinery / Equipment :
The production of Bullet Driven Santi can be carried out in a normal size fabrication unit having facility of welding machine, drill machine, hacksaw machine, cutter and other normal machinery & tools required for normal fabrication work.
Status of technology (Not Commercialized / commercialized / in production :
The technology is yet to commercialized. The production is being carried out by the innovator himself at Mota Devaliya villages of Amreli district in Gujarat. Innovator is trying to meet the demand but due to limited resources, he is unable to meet the demand in time.
Minimum economic unit and total investment
Minimum Economic Unit: 120 units per year
Total Investment: Rs. 3,00,000/-
(Rs Three Lacs only)
The total investment does not include technology cost. Technology cost will be linked with the geographical area in which the entrepreneur is interested for commercialization of the technology.
However, cost of the technology for the state of Andhra Pradesh has been calculated, which comes to Rs. 1,75,000 only (Rs. One Lac Seventy Five Thousand). Please see attached sheet for detailed calculations.
Technology Transfer methodology
We offer the technology by two ways i.e Exclusive and Non-exclusive rights of manufacturing and marketing against the monetary gain in form of one time down payment basis. The amount is depending upon the geographical boundaries like district or state level basis. The offer would be given to the interested entrepreneurs after personal meeting and consultation with him. GIAN would act as a nodal agency for technology transfer right from negotiation to the final agreement and its follow up.
Calculations in the attached sheet represent cost of the technology only for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Different alternatives of payment mechanism can be explored through negotiations with mutual understanding. Technology cost can be paid through down payment only or it can be a combination of down payment and royalty.
Technology demonstration cum training facility
Demonstration of the technology can be arranged at innovator's place with prior appointment. After entering into the agreement for technology transfer, training facility for the manufacturing the product can be organized by GIAN either at the innovators place or at entrepreneur's location as per the mutual understanding.
The product is very well accepted in the market. The product has received overwhelming response from the Gujarat and Maharastra. The demand of the product is increasing day by day.
The Bullet Santi can be marketed to the target customers directly or through the dealer distributor network. Agriculture and Rural Development Department of the state government also can provide help in marketing.
Is this technology location specific? If so, please elaborate.
No, This technology is applicable to anywhere irrespective of location.
Any gender bias in technology utilization?
Is any video cassette available on the technology
CD is available on request
Any other relevant information not covered above.
Price The price of the Bullet Santi is around 20000/- for the unit to be attached behind the motorcycle. The price does not include the cost of motorcycle.
Terms and condition for technology transfer
The financial offer may vary for different regions depending upon the prevailing market situation and interest of the party. We would send the financial offer to the party after consulting the party through the mode of personal meeting or through other means of communication. However our General Terms & Conditions for the Technology transfer are as under.
- All the payment for transfer of technology is to be paid through the cheque / Demand draft in lieu of the right to commercialize the product within the area allocated as per the agreement.
- The purchaser will have no right to sell the product in regions other than specific territory allocated as per the agreement.
- The purchaser will have no right to transfer the technology to any sub party.
- The agreement will last for five (5) years and after five years it has to be renewed.
- The agreement will be a legal document on 60 Rs. Stamp paper.
The purchaser will get following things :
- Exclusive / Non exclusive rights for the particular geographical area
- All business inquires / information & dissemination support
- Complete production drawing to manufacture the product
- Total assistance by the innovator to reach to a stage of commercial production
- Further micro research and development of the innovation will be passed on free of cost or at nominal cost.
- Get venture finance support.
- Technical & management assistance through linkages with engineering and management institute
- Get Business linkages in all over India & abroad
- Get incubation hub for augmenting the innovation
- Become a part of GIAN, SRISTI & Honey Bee Network
Obligation on behalf of purchase for technology transfer
- Entering into legal agreement based on the terms decided Payment in lieu of technology transfer
If required, can you provide / working model for display / demonstrations at the proposed Rural Technology Park (RTP)
We can provide the working model / prototype on actual cost basis.
Name and address of technology generating institute / individual
Shri Mansukhbhai Ambabhai jagani
At : Mota Devaliya,
District : Amreli, Pin 365410, Gujarat
Name and address of technology transfer agency, if different from above.
(Gujarat Grassroots Innovations Augmentation Network)
Bungalow No : B-1, Satellite complex, Opp. Satellite Tower
Premchand Nagar Road, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad: 380015
Tel : 079-26879468 Fax:079-26760398
Web : www.gian.org