Application / Use : To spray the agrochemicals
Brief description and salient features of technology
Sprayers play a vital role in agricultural operations. Today, most of the sprayers that are available in the market are of 16 liter capacity, usually having metal body and priced at more than Rs.1, 000/- per unit. These are not suited for farmers with small land holdings, as the sprayer capacity is not fully utilized. The large sprayers spray large droplets, which may harm the young plant due to pressure exerted on them. Secondly, the spray also leads to large-scale wastage, as big drops are not absorbed by foliage.
Khimji Bhai Kanadia, a teacher by training and an innovator by habit, was keenly observing these needs. He started working on a small sprayer that would provide a mist spray that may reduce the wastage of the pesticide. The spray would be very gentle and hence would not affect the plant. He also thought of designing a side mounting to reduce the accessories.
- Kushal sprayer is a highly efficient sprayer due to its extremely fine sprays.
- Due to less weight, even adolescent and aged people can use it.
- It is the most cost efficient sprayer available in its range of products.
- Kushal Sprayer is maintenance free and easy to repair product.
Raw material :
Following raw material is required for manufacturing the sprayer.
Iron strips, PVC natural, PVC virgin, PVC tube, glass pin plastic, cotton cloth etc.
Machinery / Equipment :
The production of Kushal Sprayer can be carried out in well set up workshop having facility of Hydraulic molding machine, hand molding machine, welding machine, drill machine, hacksaw machine, cutting machine, spray gun, compressor and other normal machinery & tools required for conventional fabrication work.
Status of technology (Not Commercialized / commercialized / in production :
The technology has already been commercialized by the innovator in Gujarat. The Innovator himself at Himmatnagar of Sabarkantha district of Gujarat is carrying out the production.
Minimum economic unit and total investment
Minimum Economic Unit: 400 Units per month
Total Investment: Rs. 3,50,000/-
(Rupees Three Lacs Fifty Thousand only)
The total investment does not include technology cost. Technology cost will be linked with the geographical area in which the entrepreneur is interested for commercialization of the technology.
However, cost of the technology for the state of Andhra Pradesh has been calculated, which comes to Rs. 3,00,000 only (Rs. Three Lacs only). Please see attached sheet for detailed calculations.
Technology Transfer methodology
We offer the technology by two ways i.e. Exclusive and Non-exclusive rights of manufacturing and marketing against the monetary gain in form of one time down payment basis. The amount is depending upon the geographical boundaries like district or state level basis. The offer would be given to the interested entrepreneurs after personal interview and consultation with him. GIAN would act as a nodal agency for technology transfer right from negotiation to the final agreement and its follow up.
Calculations in the attached sheet represent cost of the technology only for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Different alternatives of payment mechanism can be explored through negotiations with mutual understanding. Technology cost can be paid through down payment only or it can be a combination of down payment and royalty.
Technology demonstration cum training facility
Demonstration of the technology can be organized at innovator's place with prior appointment. After entering into the agreement for technology transfer, training facility for the manufacturing the product can be organized by GIAN either at the innovators or entrepreneur location as per the mutual understanding.
The product is very well accepted in of Gujarat state and its neighboring state.
The Kushal Sprayer can be marketed to the target customers directly or through the dealer distributor network. Energy Department of the state government may provide helps in market development by providing subsidy and bank loan facility.
Is this technology location specific? If so, please elaborate.
No, This technology is applicable to anywhere irrespective of location.
Any gender bias in technology utilization?
Is any video cassette available on the technology
CD is available on request
Any other relevant information not covered above.
GIAN has already applied for IPR protection on behalf of the innovator.
Terms and condition for technology transfer
The financial offer may vary for different regions depending upon the prevailing market situation and interest of the party. We would send the financial offer to the party after consulting the party through the mode of personal interview or through other means of communication. However our General Terms & Conditions for the Technology transfer are as under.
- All the payment for transfer of technology is to be paid through the cheque / Demand draft in lieu of the right to commercialize the product within the area allocated as per the agreement.
- The purchaser will have no right to sell the product other than specific territory allocated as per the agreement unless agreed upon with the innovator otherwise.
- The purchaser will have no right to transfer the technology to any sub party.
- The agreement will last for five (5) years and after five years it has to be renewed for.
- The agreement will be a legal document on 60 Rs. Stamp paper.
The purchaser will get following things :
- Exclusive / Non exclusive rights for the particular geographical area
- All business inquires / information & dissemination support
- Complete production drawing to manufacture the product
- Total assistance by the innovator to reach to a stage of commercial production
- Further micro research and development of the innovation will be pass on free of cost
- Get venture finance support
- Technical & management assistance through linkages with engineering and management institute
- Get Business linkages in all over India & abroad
- Get incubation hub for augmenting the innovation
- Become a part of GIAN, SRISTI & Honey Bee Network
Obligation on behalf of purchase for technology transfer
- Entering into legal agreement based on the terms decided
- Payment in lieu of technology transfer
If required, can you provide / working model for display / demonstrations at the proposed Rural Technology Park (RTP)
We can provide the working model / prototype on actual cost basis.
Name and address of technology generating institute / individual
Shri Khimjibhai Kanadiya
At : Gadha, Via ; Vaktapur, Taluka : Himmatnagar
District : Sabarkantha Pin: 383010 Gujarat
Name and address of technology transfer agency, if different from above.
(Gujarat Grassroots Innovations Augmentation Network)
Bungalow No : B-1, Satellite complex, Opp. Satellite Tower
Premchand Nagar Road, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad: 380015
Tel : 079-26879468 Fax:079-26760398
Web : www.gian.org